[Samba] Problem with Samba config under SUSE SLES 10

Shearer, Greg GS ShearerG at OneSteel.com
Fri Jun 15 05:09:55 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty configuring Samba correctly.
Something I've noticed is that changes I make to Samba config through YAST aren't being retained in smb.conf.
The smb.conf timestamp appears to change ... but that is all.
Can anyone suggest what the problem could be?
Does this mean I'll have to use command line configuration?

Greg Shearer

Greg Shearer - Senior Systems Engineer
PO Box 245C, Newcastle, NSW 2300
PH: 02 4935 4962 Fax: 02 4935 4959
Email: shearerg at onesteel.com  Web: www.onesteel.com
OneSteel Market Mills

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient, use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please advise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses contained in this email or any attachments.