[Samba] Problems adding a printer share

Michael Powell mlp at fewpb.net
Thu Jun 21 22:27:39 GMT 2007

Here is my whole cupsd.conf, as it stands now.  I've restarted CUPS, and
Windows still can't find the printer (it does find a pdf-printer, though).

# Show general information in error_log.
LogLevel info
SystemGroup lpadmin
# Allow remote access
Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
# Enable printer sharing and shared printers.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
#BrowseAllow @LOCAL
#BrowseAddress @LOCAL
BrowseAllow From 127.0.0.1
BrowseAllow From 192.168.0.*
BrowseAddress 255.255.255.0:631
DefaultAuthType Basic
<Location />
  # Allow shared printing...
  Order deny,allow
#  Allow @LOCAL
  Deny From All
  Allow From 127.0.0.1
  Allow From 192.168.0.*
  AuthType None
</Location>
<Location /printers>
  # Allow shared printing...
  Order deny,allow
  Deny From All
  Allow From 127.0.0.1
  Allow From 192.168.0.*
  AuthType None
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  Encryption Required
  # Restrict access to the admin pages...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Basic
  Require user @SYSTEM
  # Restrict access to the configuration files...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>
<Policy default>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Basic
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  # Only the owner or an administrator can cancel a job...
  <Limit Cancel-Job>
    Order deny,allow
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
  </Limit>