[Samba] Recycle Module

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Thu Jun 21 00:44:42 GMT 2007

Greeting Cary,

  Recycle bin on network work great. First create a .recycle directory
(directly in the share directory for your test).

cd  <directory_name>
mkdir .recycle
chown root:root .recycle
setfacl -m group:DomainUsers:rwx .recycle

  As you can see I use ACL(EA) on my filesystem. If you create this
repository directely in the share add the following parameter at your share.

/veto files =  /.recycle//

  Here the parameters to add at the end of the share parameters.

[share]
    Enter your share parameters here.
      vfs objects = recycle
      recycle:repository =.recycle/%u
      recycle:keeptree = yes
      recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp
      recycle:exclude_dir = /tmp /temp /cache
      recycle:versions = yes
      recycle:noversion = *.doc *.xls *.ppt

  I like to add tmpwatch script to empty recycle after a period of time
when the file was deleted. You can find this script at
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Fedora/.
I use this on Gentoo.

Create a bash file and add the following command (168 represent a week
in hours).

 /usr/sbin/tmpwatch -u 168 /<directory_name>/.recycle

Just add this script in the crontab and enjoy :-)

Robert

--
Cybionet - Solution reseautique
http://www.cybionet.com