[Samba] Re: Debian Etch bug?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Jun 20 00:34:01 GMT 2007

Tim Bates wrote:
> Michael Lueck wrote:
>> So, just a general heads up... something smelling fishy with Debian Etch.
>
> So it's not just me having weird problems on recently upgraded servers
> that have weird permissions setups.
> Now if only I had the time to go and try the official packages on the
> most problematic server... But users will complain if I break it (again).

I ended up presenting with Ubuntu Server 7.04 and their current Samba packages, which were at build 3.0.24-2ubuntu1.2_i386.

Upon returning from that conference, Debian Etch had been updated to 3.0.24-6etch4_i386, and a clean installation of Etch and those packages worked to perfection.

I have no idea what was up... and since I did a clean install (the previous Etch installation was nuked to hurry off to Ubuntu), possibly it was some Etch bug only if you first installed an earlier
build of Samba, or, or, or...

Just glad to see that weirdness GONE! :-)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems