[Samba] Problems adding a printer share

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Tue Jun 19 14:47:33 GMT 2007

You don't need Samba to print. As long as you set up your CUPS
configuration to allow other local addresses to print to the server, you
can print to it from windows using
http://<servername>:631/printers/<printername>, where you replace
<servername> and <pritnername> with the appropriate values. <servername>
can also be an IP address.

If this works, you can also (but don't have to) set up the printer to be
shared via Samba by adding a section to your Samba configuration. I
recommend that you use SWAT for this - it makes it easy.