[Samba] Quota Question

Steve Platt steve.platt at mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 14:51:17 GMT 2007

Mike raised a point I was about to ask about today but I was waiting to see if
it drew an answer or not. So far no-one has commented on :-

> > 3. Windows doesn't seem to acknowledge the soft limit at all.

I don't think Samba supports this at all (yet) - or does it?

It would be extremely useful for us if a Samba server could support
soft/warning limits, much as a Windows server seems to offer to do.

We use Samba on Solaris, which supports soft and hard limits and they are very
effective in helping us manage our users' disk space usage without causing
them too much pain (without reasonable warning of course).

Can anyone comment on whether Samba can/may/will support soft limits please?

Steve