[Samba] had 3 kernel panics since upgrade from 3.0.21a to 3.0.25 and 3.0.25a on CentOS 4.4

Sat Jun 16 18:34:04 GMT 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 05:47:46PM +0100, Urs Rau wrote:
> We will monitor this and report back, hopefully the crashes are really a
> kernel bug and not a samba bug and will now have been fixed by this
> upgrade. Sorry, but it seemed to point in the direction of smbd, at
> least at first glance.

Sorry to be blunt, but kernel crashes are almost always
kernel problems. Samba partly runs as root and could in
theory play dirty games making the kernel crash, but I don't
know any code path that would do so.

So, crash in the kernel is always it's own business.

Volker