[Samba] suggestions on ldap

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:52:19 GMT 2007

> I have been reading ALOT of the documentation on the samba site.. :)
> My question is,
> For the moment, I'm just implementing a 50 user pdc. However, we will soon want
> to look at groupware etc...

As long as everything you install can authenticate against Samba,  or
something like RADIUS that can authenticate against Samba,  you don't
*NEED* LDAP.  But LDAP is very nice once you have it.

> Should I do ldap?  Ldap looks really hard and a bit mind blowing..

It is;  you'll have to read allot more other documentation.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com