[Samba] COMPUTERNAME/Guest in login

Joakim Lagerqvist joakim at nafri.org.la
Thu Jun 14 13:01:26 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 11:32 -0400, Rubin Bennett wrote:

> I would; in particular make sure that the reverse records work
> properly (i.e. the server looking up the hostnames of the clients by
> IP).Rubin

So far I have only installed a DNS proxy in which I can add "bogus" DNS
records and so far it seems to work better. When it comes to the
clients, it is a bit of a mess... They are just named (in windows)
without any policy. People are also coming in and out of the office with
laptops with various names. Would you recommend me to put hostnames with
our IP addresses in the proxy DNS? We are using a private ip address and
I assume that if I would put records they might conflict with the
assigned computer names in windows...

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Joakim