[Samba] Going insane (can't logon from Windows)

Mont Rothstein mont.rothstein at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:31:34 GMT 2007

I have Fedora Directory Server (1.0.4) running on a Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4)
with Samba (3.0.10-1.4E.12.2).

I have a Windows XP box that I have successfully joined to the domain.

When I go to login with a domain user I get the following error:

"Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller
is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
found."

In the Windows system event log there is the following entry:

"Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    NETLOGON
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    3210