[Samba] winbind local group memberships

Jerome Haltom wasabi at larvalstage.net
Wed Jun 13 18:05:00 GMT 2007

I have a domain member system which has domain users. For instance, ISI
\jhaltom. This user is a member of a local group "admin", by virtue of
being in the /etc/group file on the line for admin. If I log into the
user (using su), and type "id", it shows him as a proper member of the
local group.

However, when doing an operation over a share where with group
permissions set to "admin", I get permission denied. Samba does not seem
to realize I am in this group. Why is this?