[Samba] Samba 3.0.25a - FreeBSD - permissions problem?

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at com.bat.ru
Wed Jun 13 12:30:45 GMT 2007

Hi, Greg!

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:25:13PM +0200, Greg Byshenk wrote:
> I have a problem with the latest Samba (3.0.25a) running under FreeBSD
> (recent STABLE: FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #41: Mon Jun 11 19:24:30 CEST 2007).
>
> If anyone has ideas, I would love to hear them.  I've done some searching on
> various mailling lists and have been unable to find anything.  I can provide
> more information if needed.

It still possible that it's FreeBSD Samba3 port fault. There is a patch there,
that addresses the problem with the incorrect handling of the supplimentary
groups, where the bug results with behaviour like you described. Patch aimed
to fix this problem, but lacks upper boundary check. It is in the file:
patch-smbd_sec_ctx.c. You may try to remove this file and recompile the port.

With regards,
Timur Bakeyev.