[Samba] winbind problem

Gregorics Tamás tamas.gregorics at mmcomputer.hu
Wed Jun 13 07:14:31 GMT 2007

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for winbind related questions,
but i did not find any WB related mailing lists.

I have a minor problem with my winbind setup. I'm using winbind+samba to
authenticate users from my win2k3 PDC, and everything works fine. Only
problem is, whenever a local user logs in (or cron use it) to my linux
system i get these entries in my error log:

Jun 12 20:00:01 debian pam_winbind[14597]: internal module error (retval
= 3, user = `root')
Jun 12 20:00:01 debian pam_winbind[14598]: internal module error (retval
= 3, user = `mcd')
Jun 12 20:02:01 debian pam_winbind[14612]: internal module error (retval
= 3, user = `logcheck')
Jun 12 20:02:03 debian pam_winbind[14612]: internal module error (retval
= 3, user = `amavis')

Jun 13 08:28:41 debian pam_winbind[300]: request failed: No such user,
PAM error was User not known to the underlying authentication module
(10), NT error was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER
Jun 13 08:28:41 debian pam_winbind[300]: request failed, but PAM error 0!

I know this happens because in my pam configuration pam_winbind is front
of pam_unix, but is there a way to eliminate these entries? (i guess if
i replace the order pam_unix will be the one creating the same lines for
my windows users logging in to pop3 server)

Thanks