[Samba] samba, ldap changing password

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:23:54 GMT 2007

> I have a samba 3 with ldap working as a PDC,my mail server also using
> LDAP database as a authentication.
> Do you know any web application, script  (working with apache) that
> allow users to change their ldap passwords (smaba passwords and passwd
> passwords).
> Usually users can do that from windows clients which log in to domain,
> but I have also a lot of users using laptops and they dont log in to domain.

Configure the smbk5pwd module in OpenLDAP and use exop to change your
password(s).  You should be able to perform exops from any scripting
language with a half-way decent LDAP binding.

-
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com
Developer - http://www.opengroupware.org