[Samba] Re: Multiple Backends No Longer Supported

Matt Anderson sokkerstud_11 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:39:43 GMT 2007

Josh Kelley <joshkel <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/11/07, Matt Anderson <sokkerstud_11 <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I have discovered the fact that since 3.0.23, multiple backends
> > cannot bedefined by the passdb backend directive in smb.conf.
> > I am currently using version 3.0.25 on AIX 5.3.  Does anyone
> > know of a way to use more than one backend?
>
> There's an external project, pdbsql, that aims to provide this functionality:
> http://pdbsql.sourceforge.net/
>
> Josh Kelley

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the project information.  I was hoping to accomplish this using
the existing local password backend currently in place along with the new
LDAP backend we're in the process of creating.  It looks like the pdbsql
project is aimed toward using a mysql database... which would be helpful in
 using multiple backends, but I don't think I could use it to include the
existing backend could I?

Thanks,
Matt