[Samba] rpcclient fails for addprinter, srvinfo command

nzlx nzlx at intersystems.ru
Sun Jun 10 19:16:10 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have fc6 x64 and wanted to run addprinter command
it fails reporting
Cannot connect to server.  Error was NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

ok I 'm trying very simple command
rpcclient -d 0 -U nz  -c 'srvinfo' -I 192.168.1.35 fc6x64
Password:
Cannot connect to server.  Error was NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

I wonder what to check to figure out what is wrong .

It works ok for xp sp2 box

rpcclient -d 0 -U nz  -c 'srvinfo' -I 192.168.1.5 NZDELL820
Password:
        NZDELL820      Wk Sv PrQ NT PtB LMB
        platform_id     :       500
        os version      :       5.1
        server type     :       0x51203

rpm -qa | grep samba
system-config-samba-1.2.35-1.1
samba-client-3.0.23c-2
samba-3.0.23c-2
samba-common-3.0.23c-2
samba-common-3.0.23c-2

I did tcpdump of session for smb and then see it in ethereal. I don't
understand SMB packet semantics
but it seems problem is authentication, at least there are packets in
both side but server side closes connection
very quick.

BTW smb shares works ok for fc6x64.

Thank in advance.

--Nick Zhokhov