[Samba] Re: What makes excel file opening so slow??

Chan Jason jason.polaris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:06:39 GMT 2007

Hi Adam,
  Actually we are really having 4M/4M, because other traffic gets very
well. I tried with download file via HTTP and it did gave us such a
result. (Or I download files from that network, the performance is
also satisfying.)
  I think the main problem is the way that Excel file being opened,
not Samba. If this is a Samba problem, I'm sure that I will encouter
this problem in my local LAN too! But if anyone knows the ways to
improve the situation, I will be glad to hear. =)
  Currently everyone agree the problem is latency, as another user in
the list suggest that we should have temp. file on local, not on the
share, but I cannot figure out the way to do that!

Thanks for your help!

Yours sincerely,
Jason Chan