[Samba] Compile error

Chris Vaughan Chris.Vaughan at lands.nsw.gov.au
Wed Jun 6 06:17:52 GMT 2007

I am trying to compile the latest version of samba on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux ES 4.

When I run make, I receive the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcom_err.so.2, needed by /lib/libssl.so.4, may
conflict with libcom_err.so.3

This error affects linking of:

smbd
nmbd
swat
winbindd
smbclient
net
smbspool
smbget
smbtree
smbpasswd
rpcclient
smbacls
ntlm_auth
smbcquotas
smbmount

Chris Vaughan
Communications Officer
Department of Lands

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Department of  Lands.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.