[Samba] schannel_store.tdb appearing in /etc/samba

Kent Tong kent at cpttm.org.mo
Wed Jun 6 01:52:29 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just upgrade from Debian Sarge to Etch. Now, while Samba (3.0.24-6etch4) is
running, it creates the schannel_store.tdb /etc/samba. However, it should
really store it into the "private dir", which is supposed to be /var/lib/samba
as I see files like passdb.tdb in there. Any idea what's going on?

In addition, "private dir" is not defined in smb.conf. I don't know how it
gets defaulted to /var/lib/samba. The man page says it defaults to
${prefix}/private. Obviously this is not the case.

In addition, I can't find where "prefix" is defined in the man page.

Any help? Thanks!