[Samba] (too) general question: Samba Domain vs. AD member server

Jorge L Davila Laureano j_davila at webmail.uprh.edu
Sat Jun 2 00:12:58 GMT 2007

Hi.

This is a general question; just running out of time for a decision.  Be nice,
please.  :-)

I work for a university...  I few years back we had a peer to peer network of
~900 nodes (believe it or not :-)  using public IP's.  2/8 computers labs were
using a proxy/NAT solution indepentently.

Then came Win2k3 Active Directory (still mixed mode) and an internal network
mostly for administrative departments.

Should I keep indepentent domains (actual AD and a new Samba 3 for "academic"
use) or should I just add a Samba 3 server as a AD member server?

Let me know if you need more info.

--

Jorge L. Dávila Laureano
Coordinador de Servicios Técnicos al Usuario II