[Samba] Rpcclient adddriver Samba 3.0.25

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Mon Jun 4 19:25:02 GMT 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 11:51, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Can you send me a level 10 debug log from the Samba server ?
Ah, looking in the log file is the thing I forgot to do. :(

Once I did, it informed me I had a permissions issue on the directory.  Fixing
the permissions enabled the driver to install using the rpcclient command
prompt, but not the script using rpcclient.

With the script, I don't see any output in the server log at debug level 10.
At the command line, I get the following output:

+ /usr/local/samba/bin/rpcclient --debuglevel=10 -A /tmp/pass -c
adddriver 'Windows NT R4000' 'HP LaserJet 4Si/4Si MX
PS:pscript.dll:hp4si_v4.ppd:pscriptui.dll:pscript.hlp:NULL:raw:NULL' scooby
INFO: Current debug levels:
  all: True/10
  tdb: False/0
  printdrivers: False/0
  lanman: False/0
  smb: False/0
  rpc_parse: False/0
  rpc_srv: False/0
  rpc_cli: False/0
  passdb: False/0
  sam: False/0
  auth: False/0
  winbind: False/0
  vfs: False/0
  idmap: False/0
  quota: False/0
  acls: False/0
  locking: False/0
  msdfs: False/0
  dmapi: False/0
Usage: rpcclient [OPTION...]
  -c, --command=COMMANDS                 Execute semicolon separated cmds
  -I, --dest-ip=IP                       Specify destination IP address

Thanks!

Mark Gannon

--
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on,

- Mark Twain