[Samba] samba problem: Multiple Heap Overflows Allow Remote Code Execution

liujack alhw2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 07:54:05 GMT 2007

Dear  Jeremy:        We use samba 2.2.12 as our samba server,  and  it  worked  perfectly before, but now  there  is one  security problem found in samba 3.0  now, so we  worry about our samba server, but for some reason we can't update to samba 3.0.25, so can you tell us whether the problem be  existent in samba 2.2.12, or how can I test our samba server with some tools software?       Thanks,       Jack