[Samba] Roaming Profiles

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Mon Jul 30 16:18:20 GMT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+dmcleod=foranyauto.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+dmcleod=foranyauto.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of
Chechu
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 5:55 AM
To: Samba
Subject: [Samba] Roaming Profiles

hey,

Im trying to avoid the roaming with the profiles, i found something in te
list about that, but it doesn't works, I changed in the registry the
parameters...

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User

> > Shell Folders]
> > AppData=%USERPROFILE%\Datos de programa
> > Cookies=%USERPROFILE%\Cookies .......

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User

> > Shell Folders]
> > AppData=P:\Profile\Datos de programa Cookies=P:\Profile\Cookies

but as i said it doesn work...it still download and upload the profile
folder...

can someone help me?

thanks

On XP:
Start, Run, type "gpedit.msc", hit enter.
Expand "Computer Configuration"
Expand "Administrative Templates"
Expand "System"
Highlight "User Profiles"
Change "Prevent Roaming Profiles from propagating to the server" to Enabled.
Change "Allow only local profiles" to Enabled.
Logout and back in (or reboot.)