[Samba] Adding Mac OS X 10.4.8 Clients to a Samba AD Domain

Kevin Harriss special.kevin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:10:36 GMT 2007

I currently have a server running Debian Linux which is running samba
and acting as the Domain Controller.  I am currently using Active
Directory with the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 clients.  We
just got 4 iMacs running Mac OS X 10.4.8 and I would like to connect
them to the domain and use the same domain users as the Windows
clients.  I have tried using the built-in AD settings and they fail to
find the domain controller.  Then I tried ADmitMac V3 which finds and
connects to the domain controller, however I can't login in using a
user from the domain.  Here is a link to my smb.conf:
http://rafb.net/p/XdSsxH18.html

Thanks,

Kevin Harriss

--