[Samba] Re: PDC: Windows xp sp2 reboots when login onto domain

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Jul 30 02:39:45 GMT 2007

Jose Manuel D. Mendinueta wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have installed Debian Etch (Samba 3.0.24) in PDC role, with 2 Windows XP SP2
> clients. When I try to join the domain in any of the clients, the machine
> suddenly reboots (both).

Bazaar indeed!

Debian Etch gave me much grief a few months back, so "at the last minute" I reloaded the demo server with Ununtu Server 7.04 and THANKFULLY Samba behaved much better on that.

I had been using Debian Sarge since before Sarge went stable.

Upon returning from the presentation, the Debian Etch version released to Stable was 3.0.24-6etch4_i386 and those packages worked fine. Previously I had been fighting with -6etch1 and -6etch2 versions
without success. As I reloaded the demo server, of course success finally was on "another load". (shrug) Maybe if you ever had -6etch1 and/or -6etch2 versions on the server in question, you best
*PURGE* them and install -6etch4 (at least, I do not know if newer is now available) versions.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems