[Samba] Very slow access to large files

Sébastien CRAMATTE s.cramatte at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 28 12:51:19 GMT 2007

Christian Perrier escribió:
> Quoting Eric Shuman (erics at ameri-title.com):
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am having a problem accessing very large files through my samba shares
>> after upgrading my file server to Debian Etch (Samba 3.0.24) from Debian
>> Sarge (Samba ???).
>>

> Debian sarge has 3.0.14a

I'm running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 with Samba 3.0.24-2ubuntu
When I copy file with Samba from my Mac OS X 10.4.9 to the Linux Box  a
4,3Gb take 11 Hours ... with AFP (netatalk)   < 1 Mn ...
I've got full gigabit network : cat 5e cable with jumbo frames enabled
on the switch ...

I've change a sysctl parameter on the OS X box ... but still very slow !
Which parameters can I change on samba to optimize tranfers ?

I'm going to try with a Windows XP client ...

Regards