[Samba] Error while contacting ADS from Samba

Rahul rahulsahadev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:08:27 GMT 2007

Hi List,
        We have a problem in connecting ADS server from SAMBA. Whenever we
try to contact the
ADS server from the Samba its giving error as LDAP_NO_RESULTS_RETURNED.

We have varified the code also, in the code also its giving three
possibilities to raise that error message,
I am pasting the portion of code here,

     File name: libads/ldap.c

Function name: ads_server_info

Code snippet within this function:

   value = ads_pull_string(ads, ctx, res, "ldapServiceName");
         if (!value) {
                 ads_msgfree(ads, res);
                 talloc_destroy(ctx);
                 return ADS_ERROR(LDAP_NO_RESULTS_RETURNED);
         }

         timestr = ads_pull_string(ads, ctx, res, "currentTime");
         if (!timestr) {
                 ads_msgfree(ads, res);
                 talloc_destroy(ctx);
                 return ADS_ERROR(LDAP_NO_RESULTS_RETURNED);
         }

         schema_path = ads_pull_string(ads, ctx, res,
"schemaNamingContext");
         if (!schema_path) {
                 ads_msgfree(ads, res);
                 talloc_destroy(ctx);
                 return ADS_ERROR(LDAP_NO_RESULTS_RETURNED);
         }

In the ADS server Active Directory Users and Computers , under Computers its
listing the SAMBA
server name also...

ADS Server Details:
Windows 2000 OS
Domain Name : jhcc
Domain Controller Name : jhcc.org
Computer name : nf7000dc1.jhcc.org
No: of users : 556

Please verify this and give us some clues to solve this issue. I am
attaching the log file with this mail.

--
regards,
       Rahul