[Samba] Help with ldap configuration please

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:11:41 GMT 2007

> could you post your smb.conf it could be relevant to see what's wrong.
> > add_new_domain_info: Adding new domain
> > add_new_domain_info: failed to add domain dn=
> > sambaDomainName=HFC,dc=hfc,dc=com with: Invalid DN syntax
> >     invalid DN
> > smbldap_search_domain_info: Adding domain info for HFC failed with
> > NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
> > pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the
> > domain

No, I'm pretty certain your configuration is on the DSA (LDAP servert)
side, and not in Samba, unless you haven't set the Samba bind DN or bind
secret [both covered in the Samba documentation].  A DSA isn't a black
box, you need to configure that too.

BTW, I have a series of LDAP presentations at -
http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/node/30 - that cover some of the
issues with configuring OpenLDAP.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com