[Samba] wbinfo -u (security = ads) does not show computers after upgrade to 3.0.25b any more

Hansjörg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Thu Jul 26 08:41:24 GMT 2007

Hi

after an upgrade from 3.0.21c to 3.0.25b
wbinfo -u only shows the Users

DOMAIN\user
and not the computers, like they did before

In the logs I see

[2006/02/17 09:10:46, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(250)
  Username DOMAIN\RMPC014$ is invalid on this system

We use

idmap domains =  DOMAIN
idmap config DOMAIN:backend  = nss
idmap config DOMAIN:readonly = yes

because we use the Unix-User and Group  information from NIS

I am not sure, if we should ignore the message form above, or if
something is missconfigured :-)

regards

Hansjörg

Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Institut fuer Robotik und Mechatronik

Dr. Hansjörg Maurer

LAN- und Systemmanager