[Samba] Samba Limits/Performance with LDAP

Wed Jul 25 12:55:58 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 09:39:34AM -0300, Steve Scanavarro wrote:
> We have implemented in my company a Samba server authenticating with LDAP.
> Everything works fine.
> But the problem is, we have about 10k users/logins in the network, that are
> allocated in different sectors, which have subsectors, which have
> sub-sub-sectors and so on. The access control on the drive shares is based
> on their sectors and [sub(sub...)]sectors.

As long as your LDAP indexes are ok, there should be no
performance problem. You might however want to look at the

ldapsam:trusted = yes

option that can give a huge speedup for LDAP-based DCs,
depending on the rest of your Unix system.

Volker