[Samba] howto forbid chown on cifs mount

Krzysztof Chojnowski notch at toltech.nl
Wed Jul 25 11:27:31 GMT 2007

Hello list,

I'm trying to get around old samba-users problem with common share used
by many people. What I would like to achieve is to get all files in that
share to belong to specific group.
I was already trying the 'chmod g+s' way, but its not what I'm looking
for, as this sets specific group only for newly created files and still
gives possibility to change it later on (and it looks like Nautilus is
chowning _after_ the file is created, as users still managed to add
files with different groups using nautilus).
Now I would like to forbid chowning files inside this share. This with
connection with 'chmod o+g' should do what I need, but unfortunately I
don't know how can I do this. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in
advice.

Notch