[Samba] Re: Sharing Accounts between Servers and SIDs

Duncan Brannen dbb at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 11:42:14 GMT 2007

When I did this, I did a getlocalsid on the samba server and used that
as the
prefix for all user SIDs so the sambaSID became <Domain SID>-<old Rid>

I then did a setlocalsid on the other servers wanting to use the same
userbase.

As far as I could tell, the only thing samba tries to write is the
SambaDomainName.

If you write it in to the master manually, samba should stop trying to
add it.

dn: sambaDomainName=<Samba Domain>, dc=example,dc=com
sambaDomainName: <Samba Domain>
sambaSID: <Samba Sid>
sambaAlgorithmicRidBase: 1000
objectClass: sambaDomain
sambaNextRid: 1104

I don't use the RidBase or NextRid as users and machines have these
assigned outside of samba.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
          Duncan