[Samba] Samba 4 TP5 support group policy

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jul 21 10:18:54 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 12:53 -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel wrote:

> KS Tan wrote, On 19-07-2007 23:59:
> > Seems the Group Policy features will release on TP6. Anybody know the
> > exactly date?
>
> 	Sorry, I don't think there is a pre-defined release
> schedule with an exact date, sometimes TP releases happen in
> 2 months, sometimes it needs more time like 6 months.
>
> 	TP5 happened on 20070608, so I would imagine that the
> next release would happen after August, 2007.

It's more a 'when I get a chance, and when there are things to show
off'.  That said, I don't think we will do a TP6, but rather go direct
to an alpha.  I've re-shuffled the release plan to make alpha1 the next
release.  I've fixed up the SWAT security (I hope), and we are making
good progress with Group Policy and MMC.

Tridge has made group policy work, but I've had trouble with it myself.
Try out current SVN, and report what you find!

BTW, Questions about Samba4 are best directed at the samba-technical
list at the moment.

Andrew Bartlett