[Samba] ridiculous slow gigabit transfer, faster with VNC

Sat Jul 21 03:57:02 GMT 2007

On 7/20/2007 Mark Baily wrote:
> With the inbuilt Marvel Yukon in the win32 and the DGE-530T
> in opensolaris large pings did not work but samba did work (25 sec).

I had lots of problems with the Marvel drivers that came through Windows
Update... did you at least try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling
the latest version downloaded directly from your MB driver site?

The MArvels work great - again, as long as you don't let Windows Update
update the driver.