[Samba] smbmount Permission Denied

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Wed Jul 18 21:59:36 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007, Server Gremlin wrote:
> The uid= and gid= parameters are being ignored, so I
> can't change the ownership to anything that my local workstation user
> can work with.

Normal when the CIFS Unix extensions are negotiated (man mount.cifs).
Between controlling unix extensions on the share and perm/noperm,
setuids/nosetuids on the client, plus whether or not your user/group ids
match up an the client and server, you can probably find a satisfactory
solution.

There some additional documentation pointed by the cifs.txt file in the kernel
source documentation.
--
Chris