[Samba] smbmount Permission Denied

Server Gremlin servergremlin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:17:18 GMT 2007

Hey everyone,

I have an SMB/CIFS share on a Samba Server that I am trying to mount on
a workstation via the smbmount command.  When I just connect to the
share using smbclient everything works fine.  When I mount the share
with smbmount using the exact same credentials, I mysteriously can't
write to it.  I get "Permission Denied".  Can someone please clue me in
to what could be so different about smbmount?

I'm using uid= and gid= to set appropriate local permissions.  In fact,
all permissions seem fine, and I assume they are since I can do whatever
I want with smbclient.

Thanks!
- SG