[Samba] Performance problem with file > 2Gb

Ralf Gross Ralf-Lists at ralfgross.de
Mon Jul 16 16:06:21 GMT 2007

Sébastien CRAMATTE schrieb:
> >> I suggest trying to transfer the same files via ftp or scp (e.g. using
> >> WinSCP client), to assure that the server hardware / network equipment
> >> is OK, then, if the slowdown is seen _only_ using samba shares, do a
> >> search in the mailing archives.
> >> I know it's not much, but HTH nonetheless.
> >>

> I will try with SCP

I would try some network benchmarks first (netpipe, netio,
netperf...).  scp will encrypt the data, thus you will not get the
full throughput.

I had problems with Intel e1000 GbE cards last year. Most of the
problems showed up in the kernel log. Keep an eye on the logs.

Then I would test the raid/fs with a benchmark like bonnie++ or
tiobench.

If both tests are ok, I would use ftp to transfer some files and see
if it behaves similar to samba.

Ralf