[Samba] cups and printing command

jf jfmeteo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 09:23:52 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm using Samba 3.024, with cups 1.2.7 on a Linux Debian Etch.

Samba is compiled against libcups:
ldd /usr/sbin/smbd | grep cups
        libcups.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcups.so.2 (0xb7e70000)

In smb.conf I've:
      printing = cups
      printcap name = cups

The facts:
      o I read in the smb.conf man page: "With printing = cups, and if
          SAMBA is compiled against libcups, any manually  set  print  command
          will be ignored"

      o The specific scripts I set with "add printer command" and
"deleteprinter command" are executed.

My trouble:
      The "lprm command" is never executed, if I set
           "lrpm command = /tmp/foo"
       With /tmp/foo:
             #! /bin/bash
             /bin/echo foo >> /tmp/foo
      When I delete a job with a Windows right click on the printer,
the file /tmp/foo is not created (/tmp is rwx, and /tmp/foo is r-x),
but the job is deleted.

I have to set a specific script to delete a job, how can I do ? Did I
set something  wrong ?

Thank you.
Regards.