[Samba] Re: Is there a way to support both local and roaming profile with one server / domain?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sat Jul 14 20:46:50 GMT 2007

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> But as far as a way to configure Samba for
>> both, I don't have an answer. I would be highly interested to know how
>> if it were possible.
>
> Sure, use domain policies.  A user can be set to use a local or roaming
> profile.
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/maintain/featusability/prof_pol.mspx?pf=true

So, two solutions thus far.

LDAP admin tools seem more attractive than NT4 admin tools... at least the LDAP tools could be cross platform.

Yea yea, I know, go ahead and try out LDAP. ;-) Maybe after SUCCESSFULLY upgrading/migrating to Ubuntu 7.04 I will consider that.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems