[Samba] Re: Keeping old profiles

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sat Jul 14 01:20:50 GMT 2007

Walmiro Muzzi wrote:
> The user did not log in samba.
>
> Now, log in samba, how I make to keep the old profile?
>
> I don't want that a new profile is created.
>
> The username is the same.

As much as I know, (and given local user profiles) it is necessary to do a registry update to tell Windows to load the existing profile rather than the new one.

Given roaming profiles, then the local profile would have to be copied to the server. Might be best to reboot the Windows box and log on with local Administrator, make a copy of the user profile
(use InfoZip zip.exe for example), then log on with a Samba domain account to gain network access and copy the backup of the profile to the server.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems