[Samba] tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

peter peter at chi-llc.com
Sat Jul 14 00:26:10 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,

Previous to today my samba install was working fine, after a reboot I
wasn't able to access the share and with smbclient the output is as follows:

Password:
Domain=[RENDER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.25b-1.1.72-1411-SUSE-CODE10]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

There is no firewall in the way, and there is also nothing in the main
logs, I do see myself connecting in log.IP log for my machine.  Here is
my smb.conf, like I said previously everything was fine before a reboot
so I doubt anything in the config is causing my troubles, permissions
are also fine.

[global]
        workgroup = XXXXXX
        #cups options = raw
        map to guest = Bad User
        include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
        #logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
        #logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
        logon drive = P:
        usershare allow guests = Yes
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d
/var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
        domain logons = No
        domain master = No
        netbios name = render
        wins support = No
        security = user
        server string = Samba Server (v%v)
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        hosts allow = All
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        usershare max shares = 100
        log level = 9
        interfaces = eth3 172.31.201.186
[uploaded_files]
        comment = URSA design and renders directory
        inherit acls = Yes
        path = /srv/www/htdocs/public/uploaded_files/
        write list = wwwrun, peter, robb, mike
        force user = wwwrun
        force group = www
        create mask = 0666
        directory mask = 0666

I know it's not much to go on, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter