[Samba] Strange network file access behavior

Jason Baker jbaker at glastender.com
Fri Jul 13 19:53:24 GMT 2007

I just tried what you suggested. I shut down all instances of AVG on the
client and it is still screeching to a halt. I've got 57% CPU and 68%
Network Utilization and the browse window will eventually show (NOT
RESPONDING). I have ran benchmark tests on the network, and everything
is fine. It only happens on this share. I can zip through all other
shares on the network, even directories full of JPG's with thumbnail
previews, but once I get into that /information_systems/ share,
everything slows to a crawl. I wondered if it was maybe the share name,
maybe the underscore is a bad idea. I also thought maybe its a file that
is causing the issue. Maybe I should one by one start moving files out
of that share and see how it affects it.

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/

*Glastender Inc.*
5400 North Michigan Road