[Samba] nss_ldap: reconnected to LDAP server ldap://172.26.1.10 after 1 attempt

Eric PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at iut-valence.fr
Fri Jul 13 07:41:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

I had this message repeting many times in my logs:
nss_ldap: reconnected to LDAP server ldap://172.26.1.10 after 1 attempt

I've search everywhere on the web but the only response i had was :
 - network problem
 - slapd misconfiguration or poor slapd performance

I finally noticed that i put "idletimeout 30" in slapd.conf.
I didn't think it came from that because i find this parameter in the
official samba how-to.
Yesterday i changed it to 3700(superior to nss pam timeout) and now i
don't have this message anymore in my logs !

Hope it could help someone else !

Eric PEYREMORTE
IUT Valence