[Samba] Samba & Vista

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:46:07 GMT 2007

> > > Does anybody know if Samba is compadable with Vista Yet?
> > Yes.
> > > If so, is there a way for a group pr user policy to allow samba users to
> > > things in windows vista, like install programs w/o admin access.
> > No, a Samba 3.x PDC only supports NT4 domain policies.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/maintain/featusability/prof_pol.mspx?pf=true
> But Samba4 just got group policy support.  I'm working to make it a bit
> more 'out of the box', but the guts are there if you read the
> samba-technical archives for the details.

Yep, I lurk over there and saw that message.  It is on my calendar to
setup a Samba4 test domain in August.  Very much looking forward to it,
GPO support would be so awesome;  but I'm pretty leery of the thought of
using in production.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com