[Samba] refresh samba share listing

mashtin.bakir at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:52:39 GMT 2007

I have a linux host that's sharing files to a windows domain. If I enter the
command,
net status shares| grep <USERSHARE>
I get a listing of which windows hosts have a user logged in.
This works because the windows login script maps <USERSHARE> as they login.
I can then take this output and do cool things like create a webpage showing
which windows
hosts are available and which ones are in use.

The problem is when our linux samba server reboots, it looses context ie it
forgets about the
older hosts that already have logins. Is there some way to refresh this
info?

Thanks