[Samba] Samba PDC, v3.0.25b, tdbsam: winbindd seems to be broken...

Chris Hall chris.hall at halldom.com
Wed Jul 11 19:56:06 GMT 2007

Help...

I'm running Samba v3.0.25b, recently upgraded from v3.0.23a.

I use tdbsam, winbindd etc.

Winbind appears to be broken.  When I do:

   * getent passwd

     none of the DOMAIN\xxxx users are listed

   * getent group

     the BUILTIN\administrators and BUILTIN\users groups are listed,

     but none of the DOMAIN\xxxx groups

   * wbinfo -u

     gives an enigmatic "Error looking up domain users"

   * wbinfo -g

     gives just the BUILTIN\administrators and BUILTIN\users groups

I have wound up the logging, but have not been able to see anything
obviously related to the above...

...where do I start looking, please ??

Thanks,

Chris