RE [Samba] install printer problem

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Tue Jul 10 15:31:24 GMT 2007

Actually, no windows user can print with this PC.

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Envoyé par : samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at lists.samba.org
10/07/2007 11:44

samba at samba.org
cc

Objet
[Samba] install printer problem

Hi,

With new windows XP SP2 machine, user cannot install or reuse printer
installed on her profile.

When I try to add a printer I have :
A strategy on your computer cannot permit to connect to this print queue.
Contact your system administrator

When I try to see property of already installed printer; I read :
unable to end this operation.

Actually, my samba version is 3.0.23c
And if I read debug level 10 on the machine, I can see that the client
want to have a computer account corresponding to the hostname a PDC.
My hostname is different that the DC name.

could you help me ?

thanks

        Stéphane Purnelle

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467