[Samba] idmap syntax transition from 3.0.20 to 3.0.25 ?

Hans B. Randgaard HBR at maerskoil.com
Tue Jul 10 14:41:08 GMT 2007

Dear Samba people,

I am going to upgrade a Samba domain member server,
which is a member of an AD domain. Its Windows user-ids
and group-ids are stored on 2 Open-LDAP servers.

I have look in the mailinglists and in the docs, but have
not found any good examples of how to change the
old syntax into the new(in 3.0.25).

Is there a place where I can find some examples ?

Our old idmap config lines looks like this:

        ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=cph,dc=maerskoil,dc=com
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap suffix = dc=cph,dc=maerskoil,dc=com
        idmap backend = "ldap:ldap://ldap03 ldap://ldap04"
        idmap uid = 10000-200000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = +

Thanks very much in advance for any hints.

cheers, Hans.

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager at helpdesk at maerskoil.com.