[Samba] Samba-3.0.25a on legacy Solaris 7 box fails to do authentication

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Mon Jul 9 18:10:26 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.2 on a legacy Solaris 7 box that I need to upgrade
to Samba 3 to allow Windows Vista client to access their shares.  I
built Samba-3.0.25a from source and so long as I ran configure with the
"--without-winbind" it compiled and installed okay.  It is using DOMAIN
authentication so I assume that not including winbind is acceptable.  I
am running the new version using the same smb.conf file I was using on
Samba 2.2.  The command "net join member" appeared to run okay (no
errors reported).  The problem is that authentication is failing.  Here
is a sample from the log file:

[2007/07/09 09:25:44, 0]
lib/util_tdb.c:tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal(84)
      tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal: alarm (10) timed out for key
MBOT in tdb /usr/local/samba/private/secrets.tdb
[2007/07/09 09:25:53, 1] lib/util_sock.c:open_socket_out(896) timeout
connecting to 10.170.131.14:445
[2007/07/09 09:26:02, 0]
lib/util_tdb.c:tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal(84)

Any ideas as where to look?

Thanks,
Rob

--