[Samba] Samba & Vista

T.R.Shashwath trshash84 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 16:27:15 GMT 2007

On Sunday 08 Jul 2007 9:25:40 pm Jeffrey Hathaway wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know if Samba is compadable with Vista Yet?  If so, is there a
> way for a group pr user policy to allow samba users to things in windows
> vista, like install programs w/o admin access.  I know Vista has policies
> that can do this, where it cna basicly grant the user access, witha  prompt
> or w/o a prompt.  Can Samba support this too?

Well, I do know that basic filesharing works reasonably well with Vista at
least, but I didn't have that particular machine long enough to play with
group policies and the like. Besides, that machine was a Vista Home edition
anyway.

Shash
--
'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
 'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,'